Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FINAL semester- YAYYYY for graduation!

Well, it sure has been a long time- and there is so much going on!

This semester, thankfully, is going to much easier... I think. I only have 2 classes and a 120 hour internship (well, 3 classes if you include my english class that I've been doing for a year.. oops :P). I am so excited because I got my internship with CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates. They work with children in foster care and do their best to look out for their best interest and get them into a permanent placement as quickly and safely as possible. I am beyond thrilled to be working with such an amazing organization, and I can't wait for all the experience I will get there!

Unfortunately, I have my least favorite professor this semester. again. Thankfully, I also have my favorite professor- even though his class time is NOT my favorite. at all. (7:30-10:30 AM on MONDAY!). Needless to say, I hate Mondays with an undying passion.

I am volunteering at my church's coffee shop- Common Grounds- again this semester on Wednesday and Sunday evenings, and I'm meeting with my WONDERFUL community group on Tuesday nights again. Although I am so busy I always look foreword to those times with my wonderful christian friends. They're so uplifting, and they always make any bad day much better.

Also, I am back on track with weight loss! It is hard to come by enough energy to exercise, but I try to stay in workout clothes so I can take advantage of the energy when I am lucky enough to have it. I started the Weight Watchers PointsPlus program and I am down 6 pounds since January 1st! I can't wait to be back in shape and ready for bikini season (which, for me will be at the end of the summer after I recover from surgery).

Unfortunately, these first couple of weeks of this semester are the more difficult ones. I have a lot of catching up to do with English, and I am taking the GRE this Thursday (PRAYERS PLEASE!). It is so hard not to stress out and worry, especially since so much depends on me doing well on this test. But, I know if I do my best God will do the rest, and I am taken care of.

As great as this semester seems I know that, while it may be easier than last semester, it is far from easy. There is still a lot of work to be done! Wish me luck while I tackle it all. Thankfully the bulk of it will be over in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think...