Sunday, March 25, 2012

We're Engaged!!

Isn't it beautiful!? The setting it is in is all fleur de lis!!! It's perfect and I could not be happier!!

Here's how he proposed:
Unfortunately, Will and I only see each other once a week. So, while he was on his way up here Friday night after he got off work, he called me and asked me if I still had the scrapbook I started making for our first anniversary. (Of course I still had it!) Then he mentioned he had something to add to it. When he got here he pulled out the Blockbuster receipt me and my best friend wrote my name and number on when we met. I could not BELIEVE he still had it after 3 and a half years!!!! It was the sweetest thing! Then, we started looking through the scrapbook, and when we got to the poem he wrote me on our first anniversary he read it out loud (You really just can't get sweeter than this). Then, he asked me where I kept the scrapbook, and told him I kept it in a box in my closet with all of our cards and the letters he sent me. He asked me to show him, which I did, and then he said something was missing from the scrapbook. I asked, "what?" and he said, "pictures from the baptism." I asked if we had any pictures together from that, and he said he didn't know. Then he said there was something else missing (what else could be missing? I put everything we have in there! LOL). So, I asked, "what?" again, and he knelt down and said, "moments like this." Then he repeated the last line from the poem he wrote me- "One year isn't enough, let's make it forever." and he told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him!!!!!! It was so beautiful and, of course, I was in tears before he could even ask!!!

I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world! We probably won't be getting married for 2 years, because I have to finish grad school first, but I know it will fly by!!! I can't wait until May when all of my family is in town and we can celebrate together!!!

This weekend has been the best of my life so far! I finished English (finally), the Hunger Games movie premiered (which was amazing- go see it!), and, of course, getting engaged was the ICING on the cake!!!!!! We want to thank everyone for the well wishes, love, and support, and we are so excited! Here's to the next step in our wonderful journey together!!

6 comments:

  1. So romantic - I'm glad you documented it just the way it happened...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I thought it would be a good idea so I can reference it whenever I do the scrapbook... I learn from the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! CONGRATS!!! What a sweet and romantic way to propose! I LOVE IT!
    Now the fun in planning a wedding begins, and since you have 2 years, you should be able to really make it your dream wedding! YAY!
    With Pinterest now, you should be able to find so many cool things to do. Wish I'd have had that when I planned my wedding 9 years ago! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! It really was perfect! I'm so excited to start planning!! Pinterest is really such a good resource! I love it! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hope all is well and wedding plans are going good too! Missing you at Delicious Dish Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! Everything is going great! I've been so busy with school I haven't had a chance to do much of anything else. Hopefully now that things are coming down I'll be back soon!

      Delete

Tell Me What You Think...