Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First day of Senior Year!

So, I am happy to say that I am officially a senior in college and will be graduating in spring with my bachelors of science in child and family studies and a minor in psychology.

Unfortunately, that just means a heavier work-load. Some of my classes are ridiculous! Thankfully, my social work class is so easy you could cry- the main percentage of points comes from showing up to class! But, my two major classes this semester are a communication intensive course in family stress management and family policy & law. yikes. I am going to be doing some serious homework. For the family stress management class I have to also volunteer at least one hour a week at St. Vincent De Paul. I am happy to do this but it is WAYYY out in Baton Rouge so I'm not excited about all the extra gas it will cost me.

I am also volunteer at The Refuge's Common Grounds Cafe! I really want to meet more people that go to refuge so I thought this would be a great way to do it! All in all I'll be volunteering 3 times a week for about 5 hours. Thankfully almost all of my classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays so my Mondays and Wednesdays will give me a lot of time to get work done.

However, I HAVE to devote a lot of this time to my English independent study class that I have been neglecting and have to finish by November.

Needless to say, I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I am hoping that it just seems worse than it actually is. Good news is that this is the beginning of the end!!! This time next year I'll be in grad school and on my way to finally being finished school!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tell Me What You Think...