Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hush- Kate White

I REALLY enjoyed being able to relax and read some great books while I visited my family in Atlanta this past December. The second book I was able to read there was (Cosmo's Editor in Chief) Kate White's most recent novel. This is her first stand-alone thriller and it was just that- thrilling to read. I have never read any of her work before and I have to say I was impressed. I was reading Cosmo one day and saw an excerpt from this book in the back and I was immediately hooked.
Hush is about a single-mother who is a consultant for a fertility clinic and going through a difficult divorce. She has a one night stand with one of the doctors and wakes up to find him murdered. She flees the apartment and has to cover up her being there so she is not seen as a suspect because this may cause her to lose custody of her children to her ex-husband who is suddenly fighting for full custody. But this is only the beginning. Each chapter is more and more thrilling and I did not want to put it down. It is a wonderful read that keeps your adrenaline pumping with the turn of every page. White incorporates all this while giving the reader a wonderful taste of New York City. It is a sexy, enchanting thriller and a book that I would highly recommend to anyone, especially my girl friends. Go out and get it NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm gonna have to look for that one at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm gonna put that on my library list!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think...