Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Miss Me?

Well, as you can imagine it has been an eventful few months.  I barely have time to breathe anymore, much less blog or do anything remotely related to leisure.  I started grad school in August, as well as a new job, and it was much more overwhelming than I expected.  That, along with wedding planning and finding time to somewhat relax, has taken up every second of my life until about a week ago. 

Grad school is amazing.  I love it.  I have met amazing people, I've made great friends, and I really believe I've found my calling.  AND (drum roll please) I got a 4.0 this semester! That's right, straight A's.  I guess staying off my blog probably helped, haha.  I was unsure at the beginning of the semester.  It was a HUGE adjustment, and I had a really difficult time.  But, I love school counseling, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to be in this program.

My job is pretty sweet, too.  I started working at a child care center at the end of July as a substitute, which quickly changed to a pretty permanent thing.  I was a cook/substitute for a couple of months, and then I moved up to staff-in-charge in October when our director went on maternity leave.  I was so excited to get more responsibility, and I've enjoyed it a lot.  I LOVE the kids.  It's insane.  They're so sweet and hilarious, and there is never a shortage of hugs.  So, things have been going pretty great. 

I finally have some down time now that finals are over and the holidays are fast approaching.  I've been working everyday, but I'll be taking a week off to see my family in Atlanta for Christmas and New Years.  It's strange... with the semester being over I find it difficult to know what to do with myself after work each day.  I've been able to go to New Orleans a couple of weekends, and for the first time in MONTHS my TiVo is finally cleared.  I'm hoping to read a few books (for leisure, finally) before school starts again.  It's nice to just be able to breathe.

Hopefully it won't be 4 months until my next blog post. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Tell Me What You Think...