Monday, August 1, 2011

Here Goes Nothing (or, hopefully, about 50 pounds)

Like many others I have a really hard time losing weight and staying committed and motivated.  I love good food- and living in southern Louisiana- it isn't hard to come by.  I also have a boyfriend with world's fastest metabolism and he loves food, too.  So, I don't think it's fair that I have to go without and he doesn't... But, that's life and life is not fair.

Since I have such a hard time staying committed I figured that blogging about my weight-loss experience and writing out a commitment for everyone to see might keep me focused.

SO HERE IT IS! From now on I am going to eat much better- at least one large portion of a fruit or vegetable with each meal if not more (and real vegetables- i promise i won't try to use french fries or fried pickles or something crazy as an excuse).  Also, I am going to start exercising more.  My boyfriend bought me a treadmill for Christmas and I need to use it!  However, I will allow myself one day (and only one) to eat my favorite foods (in moderation, of course).  I can't cut them out all together- that's stupid and unrealistic.  And, starting today I am going to do Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred (if I don't die LOL).  I need to do this- for my health, my self-esteem... for everything.

Hopefully this will keep me committed. Thankfully, I have a great support system to help me through it. Wish me luck!! We'll see how it goes from here...

1 comment:

Tell Me What You Think...